giant birthday cookie

I really like the cookie recipe on the back of the tollhouse chocolate chips package. I'm not sure how long or what temp to bake the giant cookie. Any suggestions? Or will that recipe even work?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 12:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think you are going to need a hybrid cookie/cake recipe to pull this off. I would check out allrecipes.com they tend to have really great advice on stuff like this.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm not certain how long it would take, but when you get it ready just cook it until you can stick a fork in it and pull it out clean.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Don't forget to do a test cookie too! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• bake it like you would the pan cookie...time is on the package....just shape it how you want it
    Patti L.

Answer by Patti L. at 12:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Hope this helps and I think I will use in the future. Cookie Cake 

It's for Halloween but it has the same shape.  Happy Halloween Cookie Cake - April Black

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Let us know how you end up doing it please!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I made one for Father's Day. I used a regular frozen Pillsbury cookie dough mix. I used a pizza pan to shape the cookie, make sure it was level and put it in the over. It cooked at about the same rate as regular sized cookies, but I kept an eye on it so the edges wouldn't burn before the centre cooked.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I say spread it a little thinner in the middle and turn the oven down about 25 degrees. You can always make a test cookie. for practice
    camsmom415

Answer by camsmom415 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010