Is it wrong........?

For me to be the one who cleans the entire house, watch and take care of the kids the few hours out of the day I am home, work full time and go to school full time while all hubby does is cook meals(most of which I am not even home for) and take care of the kids while I am gone?? I dont know if it is just me or if this seems a little one sided....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• ive done it...cept i cooked meals too...its part of being a mom
    Patti L.

Answer by Patti L. at 12:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• one sided
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• if hes home all the time then he should be the stay at home parent. i am a sahm and i do all the cleaning, cooking, childcare, shopping, everything for the house. he pays all the bills and works hios ass off i wouldnt find it dair to make him do any of that. on his days off he cooks because he is an amazing cook and i love his cooking and once in a while i will ask for an hour or two to myself but thats it.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If I felt like it was one sided I would sit down with my husband and talk to him about it. However, it does sound like he is contributing if he is watching the kids when you are not there, and cooking all the meals. Maybe he feels like if he is doing the cooking, you should be doing the dishes.
    But, if I was not comfortable with it, I would talk to him about it.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• a little one sided....maybe talk to him about it
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• One sided for sure. Talk to him.. does he work? If not then he needs to be taking up more responsibility.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If you are having a hard time and need more help around the house then you need to step and tell your hubby. Every woman on here can comment and take a side but in the end it won't help you in your situation, just talk to your hubby. It made not seem like your hubby does much around the house because mine didn't do alot but really it comes to it, it's the little things that helped me when he was home. He has been gone for two years and I miss him and the little things he did that I always took for granted. The best advice I can give is just talk to him and tell him you need more help.
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• One word: BOUNDARIES. You should have set them up before you set up house. Not bashing, Just sayin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Just because you want to take all that on (which sounds a bit too much to me) does not mean he should have to pick up the slack-that is not fair to him. He has limits too...If it's too much for you then reassess-YOU will need to make changes.
    cattiesmom78

Answer by cattiesmom78 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2010