I feel so guilty....

I feel like a horrible mom. I'm a first time mom and a really heavy sleeper. I don't even wake to my babies (I have twins) cry :( Please tell me I'm not the only one like this. Is there anything I can do besides sleeping in their room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my husband is a heavy sleeper, he wont wake up for even the alarm clock, so i got him this http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/8f1a/

if you have a baby monitor put it right next to your head, keep it on high. if that wont wake you up and your worried about the twins you should move them to your room. If there just waking in the night and crying then going back to sleep then don't worry that's ok. its good for them to learn mommy is not gonna come running at 3am and they need to go back to sleep.

if there waking up early at like 5 or 6 am then set your alarm to wake u up around the same time, or get that alarm clock i mentioned ^_-
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 1:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Get a baby monitor and put it beside your bed. thats what i have to do, that way its like i am in the same room with her when she do cry i can hear her loud and clear. my dd is 21 months old and i still use a baby monitor!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 12:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You will get used to getting up when they cry, maybe try a baby monitor.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yep. I agree with the others. I have a baby monitor on the headboard of my bed because I tend to be a heavy sleeper also.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 12:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i woke easy but i did not have twins
    sure you are even more tired than a mom with one
    why not use a monitor?
    i had my daughter in bassinet at end of bed, so waking was easy
    but her father can sleep through anything
    no guilt for heavy sleeping
    just get a monitor and turn it up on high

worrying makes you a mom, sleeping heavy makes you a lucky mom - lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Get a vibrating baby monitor, it's a better way to wake up to baby cries and it works better for heavy sleepers. I think Graco makes one. PS. You're not a bad mom! It takes time to adjust to le bebes!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Baby monitor! Get the really good one because otherwise you might pick up someones phone conversation.

Sleeping heavy means your body is in desperate need of recharging. It's okay. Just get a good monitor, turn it up and remind yourself to keep half an ear on the noises in the house. When my kids were babies I could hear them over anything without the baby monitor and DH could sleep through a fog horn. Now that they are older, I sleep like a log and DH hears everything! Of course, our older two are moved out and the younger two are in middle school, grade school so it boils down to Daddy catching the ones sneaking through the house while up to no good.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I agree with Sabrina, that or bring the babies in your room. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• SabrinaBean, that's an awesome idea. I have told my husband I didn't mind waking, but I did mind waking to screams, etc. I'm going to look for one now for this baby.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010