How do you create a sense of "home" when you move around a lot?

HelenCarlene

Asked by HelenCarlene at 12:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Traditions are a great way to always feel like its home... Start a new one, or find out what other people do for traditions and do what they do.
    I also always made sure to ask what the kids they thought about the decorating, I would not always do what they suggested, but if one picture or something got hung on the wall they suggested or put where they thought it would look, they loved it. And sometimes they had better ideas than me.
    chex9495

Answer by chex9495 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I've grown to believe that Home is a state of mind. It's wherever you are that you make it so. You just taking your belongs and moving them to a different location.  Keep your life as normal as possible as you did before. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i think memorabilia (if thats how u spell it) like pictures of your closest friends and family. Pillows that you take along with you everywhere you can go. warm colors
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 1:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm a gypsy (moved a lot) but I surround myself with familiar pieces of artwork so I feel a little more rooted.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010