Have you or anyone you know ever used Paxil?

If so, what was your experience with it? Any negative side effects?

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Health

• I was on paxil for over 10 yrs.
    The side effects are different for each person, but it also depends on the dosage you are on ( I was on 20mg then 60mg in the matter of a month).

neg. side effects (for me)
    Lower Sex Drive
    Zombie like behavior
    Suicide thoughts
    Homicidal Thoughts

MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i took it for a while they only side effects i had was tired all the time and dry mouth constantly
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Tired sounds familiar. I was on the lowest dose and a slightly higher dose. I've been off it for about 10 years, after on it for 3. I seem to remember that in the beginning, I felt weird like heart racing and feeling like I was going to die (not really intense or all the time, just scary stuff at night). That got better around week 2?

For me, the absolute worst was that I went to England and lost my Paxil there. I had no choice but to stop cold turkey, and since I was going to switch drugs after, I just waited it out. Scary! That was the week or so that I almost could not work, sat crying at my desk working and it was so bad, the worst depression I have ever had. So please, if you ever do start it up, plan to give it weeks to slow down and quit.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no i never have
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i was on paxil when i was a teen and i hated it. it changed who i was, so i took myself off it a few months in
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010