dialate...

How far can you dialate and no go into labor I am a 3 and no signs of labor...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was a 3 at 36 weeks...
    I was still 3 at 42 weeks when I was induced
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• A 3 doesn't quite mean labour yet - I was 3 for quite a while...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Every woman and pregancy is different. I stayed at 4 for about 2 weeks with one when they finally induced.
    HelenCarlene

Answer by HelenCarlene at 12:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have a friend who was at 5 cm for over a week before she went into labor. Basically, it could happen anytime.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• With my first, I was dialated to 3 centimeters at 6 months and still didnt go into labor until the full 40 weeks,lol. I had a speedy labor though! 3 hours! :) Not sure if that had anything to do with it....
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Just be ready to go to the hospital when your water breaks or when you start having contractions... :) good luck
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Pretty far and for a long time...dilation and labor starting don't really coincide with one another. It's best to not even get checked and not worry about it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I was 3.5 at 4mths with my oldest, and was nowhere near in labor. Two weeks later, I was 4 and ready.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Good Question. If you are not having Labor Contracts, I guess, technically you are not in labor. I have heard of women going to like 6 and 7 cm before having actual noticeable contractions. No worries momma! Your body is working perfectly! Maybe you will be blessed with a smooth and quick labor.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• There isn't really a limit on how far you can dilate or how long you can stay that way before active labor starts. Some women start dilating early in the last trimester and can get 5 or 6 cm dilated before labor starts. Hang in there mama, your baby will come when it is ready. Trying to keep my zen about that for the last few weeks was one of the hardest parts about all my pregnancies.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010