Ideas for joint birthday party?

This year we're doing a joint party for my 6 yr old and my 2 yr old. There will be a few other children in between those ages. I want some ideas on what to do, what to eat, decorations, games, ect.

VolpeFemmina

Asked by VolpeFemmina at 12:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Are they both boys? Girls? One of each?

The reason I ask is because if they are into the same thing (sports, dolls, cartoons, etc) you could go with that for a theme for both of them. Or even better yet, do what I do for my boys (2 & 4) take them to a Dollar Store and let them pick out what theme they both want. Now, it is more complicated if you have one of each, but go with a netural theme (light green, etc) and have fun.

As far as what to eat: SANDWICHES and FINGER foods (they both will love that)..

Games: again go with the whole " what they are into" theme.

Best of luck
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Personally I've attempted games at every party ( I have a 7, 5, and 17 month old; all boys) and it never happens...there is always so much going on, if you have a back yard or any area where they can run and chase each other they will have a blast, they are so young with so much energy. Just throw out some balls and chalk lol.
    I agree that finger food is a great idea....just beware of allergies which are coming out of the woodwork.....i know it sounds odd but herbed cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches go over well.....
    also for dessert you can make sundaes or mud cups vs the typical bday cake.....
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 4:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010