Would you picket the WBC if they came to your town?

They are going to be just 20 mins from me picketing a highschool in October, and personally, I would love to go picket them... Not that I think it will do anything, but simply as a way to stand up against them and let others know that there is no need to simply welcome that type of hate or even to stand back and ignore it...

What about you? Would you picket them or any hate group? Or would you just ignore it and go about your day?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why in the world are they picketing a high school? yes, go picket them! It's sooooo sad how much they believe they are right but are so wrong.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 12:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Would definitely have some fun with them for sure.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would do it in a heartbeat, complete with rainbow-glittered signs!
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• See if they have a legal permit to picket because they NEED one ya know. If not inform the local govt and news about them. They are HATEFULL and shouldnt be allowed to hide behind a non profit religious label.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Oh no I would do something that would soooo piss them off I would recite a Rosary right next to them for thier souls.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Absolutely. Once a group of christians start deciding they are qualified to do god's judging for him, they have gone too far. If I knew about it here, YES I would picket against them.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• "The parents and teachers across this doomed nation raise their children (whom the Lord their God entrusted them with for the purpose of teaching them His commandments) for the devil himself. The so-called adults teach the students to be vain, selfish, sinful, violent, lusty, God-hating, brats who turn the grace of our God into lasciviousness. WBC has seen the face of the high school students all across this nation and knows the truth. These kids react with foaming mouths and violence to the true Word of God. They can all repeat the lie that "it's OK to be gay," but are incapable of uttering one single word of Gospel truth! Their parents and teachers have failed them and as a result live in fear of the violent beasts they've created. Isaiah 3:12 "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them, O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths...

cont.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Deuteronomy 28:15 "But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee and overtake thee..."

Along with the date and address for the Picket on the Highschool... You all know me, I can't keep my mouth shut! This is upsetting... They are on MY turf here and I will NOT step back and let it go!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would not picket. I would not waste one moment on them or anyone like them.

They arent worth my time nor energy nor care. My picketing wouldnt stop them and they'd just use it for gaining glory to their own cause...wouldnt give them that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• That's so sad. I would defintely do something.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010