im gone to be induced next thursday at 9pm

iv have been dialated at 2 centimeters fo 2 in a half weeks now im 39 weeks i had the same problem with my daughter i would not dialate im afraid so please tell me youre induction stories if you have any

kay785

Asked by kay785 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was like that, i got stuck for a while and they scheduled me to be induced, but my water broke before the day. It was very painful (as I'm sure you know labor is) and pitocin only seemed to make it worse. then i got the epidural and didn't progress any more at all and they had to take him by c-section. Good luck either way
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 1:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I had an induction with my first son at 39 weeks and it was a wonderful experience for me. The pitocin was incredibly painful ,but like you I was already 2cms and i progressed very quickly and was able to get the epidural within an hour of receiving the pitocin. THey turned the pit drip down once they ordered the epidural, so I wouldn't be in SO much pain. Once I got the epidural, it started to wear off VERY quickly, but they believed me (they poked me with a little needle on the legs and I could feel it, so they knew i was telling the truth) and administered more epidural.Within 3 hours I was totally dilated/totally effaced and when they broke my water my son was born with just 3 pushes and within 15 mins! It was the best birth experience I've had (so far - I'm due w/ my 5th boy next month). I could feel him leave my body, but I felt no pain at all. Good luck to you and I hope your experience is as good as my first was!
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I was dialated to a 4 two weeks b4 i was induced. I was actually induced with both of my girls and it was easy both times but i did get an epidural.
    Anonymous

• I've been induced w/all 3 of my children! And my 1st and 3rd child have been induced at 39weeks and 39weeks and 2 days! My son was induced at 36 1/2 weeks! More for my health and w/my son I lost some amniotic fluid(didn't know it) so, it was better to get him out sooner and have a live baby than the possibility of not having a baby born alive! Now my oldest is 3 1/2, then my son is 2 1/2 and my youngest is 5mo. old! As soon as I needed the Epidural I got it! But, I try to stay off the meds until necessary-and if I didn't want them I didn't have a choice-due to my cardiology issues! And w/our 3rd when I was feeling pressure(I had the epidural) and so had the nurse check and well, she was already crowning!!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2008