Is it dilation or something else? adult content

I've been getting these sharp shooting pains in my cervix. I'm due in two weeks, and at my last check I was 3 cm and my baby's head was engaged, so I know it's not just him punching near there. I've been having these pains for the past few weeks, which is why I'm wondering if they are related to the dilation. They feel like something thin and sharp is being shoved into my cervix and quickly taken out (they only last a couple seconds), and I usually get a few of them in a row before I don't feel them at all again for a day.

Anyone else had these? I plan on asking my doc at my next appointment (if I make it that long), but I was wondering if anyone else had ever felt that before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I remember those...I think they are normal. Could be related to some mini contractions you don't otherwise feel or stretching of the cervix. Not sure really. Hope you deliver soon and don't need to worry about it much longer. Good luck!
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• This is my first pregnancy so I am not sure but it sounds like maybe Braxton Hicks if they are only lasting a few seconds and going away like you said...but i would just call the doctor now not wait for the appointment just to be on the safe side =D good luck!!!
    Linda_PF

Answer by Linda_PF at 12:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm not sure what it means and what it's doing but it is normal and it sounds good to think it has something to do with Dilation!

Tammy
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• They are normal, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you are dilating.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• LUCKY BITCH lol sorry i'm jealous i can't believe you are due in 2 weeks and you are that far along! with that said it probably has to do with the further dilation or just engaging some more. I had 3 C sections because i don't move along the way i should and my first was an emergency so good luck go to the dr and get checked make sure that baby don't fall out LOL
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 4:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010