what causes UTI ??

not the symptoms .. what are the reasons which cause it ? anyone knows ... ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Health

• Reasons you can get an UTI.

*Wiping back to front.
    *Not peeing after sex.
    *Not drinking enough water.
    *Drinking too much dark soda or tea. (at least it does me but it ties into dehydration)
    *Using bubble bath.
    *Not rinsing soap residue from your crotch well enough after a bath.
    *Wearing non cotton panties. (cotton tends to pull moisture away from your crotch)
    *Wearing tight jeans constantly.
    *Getting pink eye and wiping before washing your hands. (happened to my friend's daughter)
    *Being pregnant seems to increase frequency.
    * Not changing pads or panty liners frequently enough.

Basically anything that forces bacteria into your urethra can cause a UTI.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No one has mentioned sex, a mans penis or hands are full of bacteria.
    jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Bacteria getting into your urethra, for example wiping from back to front. I'm sure there are other reasons though.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• tight undies and jeans, not drinking enough water
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• bacteria that goes up your urethra into your bladder
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• AWWW you forgot one of the BIGGEST causes......not peeing after sex! But the technical reason is Bacteria....lovely little germs....
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 2:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Plain and simple bad bacteria going up your urethra. I have never peed after sex and have only ever had one UTI in my life and that was only after messing around in a hot tub. Some people are more prone to them then others though and there are multiple reasons for it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Kfroz regarding the drinking too much dark soda or tea......its anything with caffeine because caffeine makes you urinate out more than you take in. Coffee does it too. But a key to everyone that's said not drinking enough.....that is not a cause of getting a UTI that's a cause of dehydration....Where the drinking plays a role is by flushing out your kidneys (which filter all the liquids that come into your body) into your bladder (which holds all the liquid until it is evacuated) and not drinking enough just doesn't get out all the impurities you've essentially drank.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 4:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• normally the main bacertia cause is ecoli , which can come from not wiping properly or touching a surface w ecoli and accidently touching near your woo ha for lack of better words. i had a lot after i had my son, my best defense was cranberry pills or juice it actually has a good enzyme that will eat bacteria in you badder/urethra it works really well and if a uti is not treated in turns into a bladder infection much more painful then kidney infection
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• not trying to be gross but my ex was not cut not only did i get yeast infecs but also uti's and yes my doc said that is more to be the reason than any thing else
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2010