How do you handle a break up?

My boyfriend and I are breaking up, its not offical, but its happening.

Can i do anything to prevent it?

How did you handle it. What can I do? I have no job, no money, and the only place I have to go to is my moms, who really doesn't want me there.

What can I do to make myself feel better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• If you know that it is not official, but it is happening, then you both are just drawing out the inevitable. Please do not try to prevent it, it will just cause more heartbreak in the end, unless you think that there is something that can be worked on from both sides (yours and his) and that you both are willing to work on it.
    Why do you have no job? Are you a SAHM? If so, go get a job, even if it is a part time one. I would assume that, if you have a child (You ARE on CafeMom) and you are living with him it is his? Get an evening job, something that you can do while he is home with the baby to save on daycare costs. If he asks why, tell him something like, you are tired of not working, or that you are tired of not having your own money and that there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to work.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Why does your mom not want you there? Reconcile with her, you may need her very soon. You DO have her grandchild, and that alone may work in your advantage...she would not want to see her grandbaby out on the streets I am sure.

In short, do what you can do make yourself more independent NOW so that when the breakup does happen you will not be completely helpless.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• When I broke up with someon I just kept moving..anything to keepmyself busy so that I don't think about how much it hurts...I just kept thinking of where I want to be..I didn't want to be sitting at home, not doing anything...I'm sure he wasn't...Just try to keep busy, do laundry, clean the house, clean the bathroom, again...go for a walk..somewhere or something that will get you out of thinking about what's going on with you and him..It's not easy, but if you try even if it is a small act, it'll build your momentum..and you'll go through it eventually, good luck. Do you have any girl friends? Friends that can help you get through this?
    Lazarat

Answer by Lazarat at 9:38 AM on Oct. 10, 2008