teens tanning topless

Im torn on this.... so Im asking what would YOU say.

My sophmore daughter has invited 3 friends over to lay out and play in the pool. She asked me if they could lay out topless. We back up to a canyon so there is no one that could see them there. On both sides we have privacy fences and the neighbors all work so no one would be home. I have a 13 yr old son but he is at a friends for the day.

But I still feel kind of odd having four 15 yr old girls topless in my yard.

too bad Im not in France.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would allow it but only aftr checking with the other kids mothers just to cover your own butt.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'd have to say no to that.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'd hold my nose and let them do it.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If it were in a country or area where going topless was the norm..I'd say okay. But if not..I'd probably say no. Some of the other parents may get upset over it. If it were just my own daughter, laying out by herself and she asked, I may let her do it (if she was 15..but shes 18 months right now,LOL).
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• IF the friends parents are ok with it, yes. Otherwise no.
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 1:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i would say join them................just kidding .i did it once when i was there age but its different now.if ur sure no one can see in i dont see a problem there and if ur son comes home i am sure he has peaked in on someone before hes 13 and bound to look
    michelle34231

Answer by michelle34231 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I find it odd she even asked but if you are 100% positive she is not leaving any details out (like boy stopping by..) and that nobody can peek in on them I say why not? I personally would find it akward but if they're just laying there and not skinny dipping or anything of that nature what can it hurt?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Obby, while being topless isn't illegal, if the other parents choose to they can press charges for "aiding in the delinquency of a minor." Like I said, I would be fine with it, but to be on the safe side, pick up a phone and check with the other parents... If they are cool - go for it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No. No need for them to tan topless.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I guess the purpose is to have no tan lines???

That would be a BIG BIG no coming from me. Its not the fact of anyone seeing them or not, its the fact that they should learn that some normal modesty is a good thing. Every generation that passes gets more comfortable showing more skin....I dont like it.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010