Marriage Counseling

What is the process? What do I say when I call to make our 1st appointment? I'm lost and need advice.

MrsLizMc

Asked by MrsLizMc at 1:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Are you looking for the both of you to go together. I know for me it was easier for me to go myself first. I meet with the counselor and talked about the things I needed to talk about. She then suggested the my SO should come with me.

If you are calling and you want the both of you to go together then I would just tell them that. First I would find someone that you think will work for you. I called the insurance company and got the list of people that were covered in my area. Then I just started making calls and finding out who was taking new patients and what I was looking for.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• you just tell them what you need and they usually help you with the process. they'll ask all the questions that they need from you and they will set it all up. very easy. if your going through insurance they will refer you to someone. its easy.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008