Would you rather read The Hunger Games or The Red Pyramid?

In my book group we have to read a YA book for September. I'm not sure what to read and kinda want to venture to a new land of authors lol. Both these books are bestsellers. Who would you go with The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins or The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan? Or none of the above and suggest something that is not Twilight lol.

Walker101

Asked by Walker101 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in

• I am currently reading the series for hunger games. I enjoyed it and thought it was a really good book. I am waiting to get the Mocking Jay which is the last book in the series.. I haven't heard of the red pyramid but I will have to read it to know if I like it.... GL on deciding
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 1:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I've already read The Hunger Games, and would read The Red Pyramid. I'll probably end up getting that one for my 12 yo ds so I'll read it when he's done. I really liked The Hunger Games and Catching Fire and can't wait to read Mockingjay.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Red Pyramid. I read a pre-view of it on my Nook and it's quite interesting.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would have to know what they are about to make a good selection.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I haven't read the Hunger Games, but I read the Red Pyramid this summer. It was very good. Written as 2 siblings talking into a tape recorder, it is chock full of Egyptian symbolism. A real page turner and fun. I really enjoyed it. It contains Harry Potter-like violence. It is recommended by the Junior Library Guild.
    shoecatcher

Answer by shoecatcher at 9:02 AM on Sep. 1, 2010