hiccups!!!

Ok my little boy is 6 days old..... i am having to formula bottle feed him.... but EVERYTIME he eats he gets the hiccups!! It never fails!! He eats 2-3 onz. every 2 1/2 to 3 hours..... i stop him several times to burp during the feedings..... Is there anything i can do? Mostly cause he gets sooooo mad when he gets them lol

AmberLou6785

Asked by AmberLou6785 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did the same thing actually got hiccups all the time while I was still carrying him. I asked the doc about it he said noone really knows why it happens and theres really no way to stop it other than a few wives tales. but it's not gonna hurt the baby it's just a little annoying.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 1:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• When dd I got the hiccups I would feed her a little bit and they would go away. Don't know if it will help or not, just an idea
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Gripe Water will get rid of Hiccups instantly! I'm not sure why.. My son gets the hiccups all the time and a little bit (even like 1/4 the allowed dose) will stop them right away. It will help with gas pain too and is all natural.

Here's a link with info on it. Hope it helps!
    http://www.babysbliss.com/products/1-gripe-water-original-flavor
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 3:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My pedi told me that hiccups are a sign of a full tummy/growing baby. It puts pressure on the diaphram and causes the hiccups. They are not harmful only irritating.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Gripe water works wonders on hiccups. instantly gone. On a side note, regular hiccups can be a symptom of acid reflux or GERD...as can excessive drooling, trouble sleeping (better on an incline), taking the bottle eagerly and then pushing it away, crankiness, etc. My son had undiagnosed GERD for the first 5 mo. and I sure wish someone would have mentioned something.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• my ^6 week old has the hiccups several times a day. she had them a lot while i was carrying her too
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2010