days and nights....

i think my 6 day old baby is getting his days and nights mixed up... and i wanna stop it before he get bad.... he sleeps good from 5 AM till 1 PM waking up twice to eat.... where at night hes up every 2 hours.... any tips on what i can do before we are up all night???

AmberLou6785

Asked by AmberLou6785 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep slowly trying to rotate his schedule. It's probebly going to be very hard to do right now. but a few tips: I was always told that after the sun goes down and you need to change or feed the baby....Keep the lights low, don't play, talk or any of the fun stuff that you do during the day. Bedtime is quiet and dark. GL
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 1:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• unfortunatly, babies still make their own schedule. Try what Finkette suggests but don't hold you breath that it will work.

They go thru phases and usually will work back to normal.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I woke all 5 of my kids up every 3 hours during the day to feed them, then let them sleep at night as long as they would. It never took them more than a few days to get their schedule straightened out.

Answer by missanc at 3:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Wear him during the day in a wrap/sling/mei tai and keep normal light and normal activity. If he falls asleep that's okay, just keep on with your daily business. At night keep lights low and activity mellow. Do not turn on lights (or keep very minimal lighting) during night feeds and night changes. Do not interact to play (if you breastfeed I recommend cosleeping, if you bottle feed I recommend keeping the baby in your room--the faster a need is met and the least amount of fuss the faster they will go back to sleep by example).
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2010