George W or the others?

I am just curious to know, is there anyone who supported George W in his first and/or second presidential run , change this time and decide to vote for Obama?

Or is there anyone that supported Bill Clinton or George's opponents (Gore and Kerry) switch and go with McCain this time around?

I ask because I wonder if the state of the country right now has made a difference in what people feel and who and what they will support.

I realize to some, things are fine as they are and there are others that feel we are worse than before.

Whoistheboss

Asked by Whoistheboss at 1:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• My dad voted for GW in 2000 and did not vote in 2004 and will be voting for Obama in this election because he's disgusted with the Republican party and the way they have handled both foreign and domestic policy.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would have voted for Hillary in this election, now McCain. I will be very interested to know how many writeins for Hillary will occur.
    Anonymous

• "I am just curious to know, is there anyone who supported George W in his first and/or second presidential run , change this time and decide to vote for Obama?"

That would be me. I was too young to vote back then though, I'm 20 and this will be my first election.
    I truly believe that the ONLY reasons I supported Bush back then was because my parents didn't feel I needed to be "informed" about anything. They just said "Bush is good, Gore is bad" and "Bush is good, Kerry is bad" and expected me to believe the same. I blame them for my cluelessness about politics...our children will be voters one day, I think their parents should be the ones to teach them about both sides, not just forcing them to believe in one or the other.

But yeah. I'm very informed now and Obama gets my vote.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I'm proud to say that my parents taught me a lot about politics from both sides...and when I questioned why they were conservative in their views I researched it out for myself....guess what they were right!.....Happy to vote for McCain/Palin....on the Republican ticket!....My 18year old son is voting for the first time as well....and he has chosen on his own to vote for McCain as well!
    Anonymous

• i voted GW both times
    Anonymous

• Voted for George W. both times and continuing to vote on the conservative side.... McCain/Palin.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I voted for GW both times. shame on me. Voting for Obama, this time I'm going to make the right choice.
    Anonymous

• I begged my parents the first time Bush was running for President to not vote for him. I told them I was scared he would put us into another war. Being only 14 at the time, they looked at me like I was crazy. They wouldn't even look at me when he announced we were going into Iraq. I'm not sure who I'm voting for yet, but it won't be McCain/Palin.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Registered as an Independent. Voted for Bush the first time and for Kerry the second. I will be voting for Obama because he is the candidate who will restore my faith in our leaders and protect the future of this nation for my daughter.
    1funkymomma

Answer by 1funkymomma at 2:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Want to hear something funny? I campaigned in my early 20's for Senator McCain when he ran against W in the primaries. McCain's voting record in the past 8 years however has undone a lot of the good that he did previous to losing that primary. Want to see the Senator that I loved? Rent: Why We Fight. It is a documentary about Eisenhower and the lobby and defense spending. Some of the most intelligent responses were from McCain. Did you know that McCain was against offshore drilling and was for using the IT Boom tax surplus for finding alternative fuels and voted against Bush giving us the $500 payback? He was a conservative pro choice candidate. Abortions ok in the first trimester. His Triangle Lobby plan? BRILLIANCE - never would he have had a lobbyist on his campaign team - until now.

All of that changed to get this nomination.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 3:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2008