how old do my four year old daughter start school

i want to get the right information on how old do my daughter goes to school because i saw my childs father at the store and he told me that if i dont put his daughter in school he can take over he is on child surport what can i do

tracy77449

Asked by tracy77449 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what kind of school? preschool is not madatory, and in some states kindegarten is not either.

schooling and child support have NOTHING to do with each other
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Pre k and kindergarten is not madatory in Ga
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• He is trying to scare you and control you my ex husband was the same way.

Call your school district and ask them about a pre- kindergarten program. Most schools have them and it is nice so they get a jump start on learning and they make friends with the kids who will be in kindergarten sooner...also check out the Headstart program
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• that was VERY hard to understand BTW..
    But kindergarten.. 5
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It depends when her birthday lands. If its before December 1st then she can start kindergarten, if it's after she'll have to wait til next fall. Also kindergarten is not mandatory, so your husband couldn't take her away, plus he'd have to provide enough evidence of neglect. Anyway contact your school district to find out age requirements. Good Luck.
    inezmm2000

Answer by inezmm2000 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You can call pre schools in the area. It might be too late to get her in for this year, but you can try. She is still pre-school / nursery school age. Next year she needs to go to Kindergarten.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010