Should I see a therapist (or counselor)?

My mind seems like its always on the run. Im so confused about my feelings and thoughts. Theres so much I want to just be able to talk to someone about, but dont feel comfortable talking to friends or family about. Do you think it would be beneficial to see a therapist or if you have gone, has it made a difference?
It has to do with my husband, and also family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Health

• I honestly believe just talking in general helps.....even if its on something like here and you can get various feedback and the best part is FREE!!!! I personally have not had good experiences with counselors both as single and family counseling. and I don't believe in medicating just because I'm bummed. I am not saying I don't believe in medication because I know medically speaking there are imbalances that need medication to assist with or possibly fix. I tend to feel like I am being judged or that they are only listening because they have to because it's their job. That is my paranoid thinking on it, but some really do come out great from speaking to a counselor or therapist. I wish you all the best of luck in whatever you decide to do, and hey if you want someone completely nonbias, you can message me if you'd like.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 4:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Honestly it depends on whether you have a decent counselor and whether you're willing to open up the them. I've seen some really awesome counselors, but then I've seen some pretty bad ones that don't really try to get to the bottom of your problems. I had one like that, and the only reason why I liked going is because I got out of the house! LOL So if you can find a really good counselor, or a pastor of some sort, it will definitely benefit you!!! Good Luck, and hope everything gets straightened out!
    bethanysmom1007

Answer by bethanysmom1007 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• ANYONE can benefit from good therapy.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010