how does a mom deal with depression, bi-polar, and three kids I am haveing a really hard time dealing wiht all of this at once.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Health

• I would say that you get a sitter once a week and do things for yourself.. like go shopping 9if you enjoy this, or go get a massage) & remember that it is mostly in your head. keep positive and when you feel the urge to be angry walk away and think about pleasant things. You want your kids to remember good things so do activities with them that are fun and as a group. Like color or go outside for a pick nic. i hope this helps. Just need motivation. Try it and see if it works.
    Anonymous

• All those wonderful suggestions the previous poster said are great and all, BUT...in reality it's near to impossible to accomplish them when your in a depression...a BIPOLAR DEPRESSION! Healthy advice like this is ideal, and works for some. But unfortunately for most Bipolar people, we can't regulate our mood on our own! I am Bipolar, and have 2 sons, one of which is Bipolar/adhd. I know what it's like to exist miserably, deal with guilt, the roller coaster moods, and many more overwhelming daily situations you probably experience too. I take it day by day, minute by minute...and I make a lot of mistakes along the way! Having lots of support from family has been my lifesaver. I have a lot more to share, but no room left. PM me if you want to talk more, take care!

msmikkle

Answer by msmikkle at 2:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• This isn't a "solution" but my best advice from personal experience:

Do the best you can and don't beat yourself up for the things you can't or don't do because of how you feel.

I know it's not the ideal behavior or a long term solution, but some days I just give myself permission to do nothing and let the kids watch videos all day. Those aren't the most enriching things for them, but I'm convinced it's better than yelling at them or being angry and exploding.

I guess it really depends on your unique situation, your children's ages and what triggers, upsets you most and what things help. PM me if you want to talk :)
    KatieLou23

Answer by KatieLou23 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2008