Would your SO/husband ever agree to attend counseling?

We've been having some problems lately. Nothing real serious but things we think we can work though and I have thought about counseling but never in a million years thought he would agree to it but the other day he actually brought it up himself and said if it will help he would like to try it. It made me wonder how many men would actually be willing to go to couples therapy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• MY husband wouldn't cause he doesn't want anyone in our business
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 1:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• mine agreed
    never thought he would
    in fact, i brought up a few times before he agreed
    we went once, had another appt for today, but babysitter cancelled so we have to reschedule
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Nope..he wouldnt even attend counseling with me over the transitioning of our children.We are a combined family. I had to do it myself.I didnt really care..I figured he wouldnt, thats the way he is. He doesnt talk ,LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My DH would go if i asked him to, however i know he would be extremly uncomfortable. I think i would be too.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Mine would.. We have had problems before and he did anything to keep us together.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Mine was the one who suggested it. He was extremely uncomfortable at first, but he came to have a good experience with our counseling.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 1:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• my dh suggested it once, early in the marriage (all hell was breaking loose in our extended-family's lives, we were new parents, yada yada)..and i think if we ever needed it, he would be willing..but knowing him the way i know him now, he wouldn't say anything 'giving' to a counselor if i were present. he'd be more likely to talk to one alone.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Many yrs ago when we were young I asked my S/O and he sd no. Years later for a child in need of it, we went as a family. The 2 of them came out furious, they didn't like hearing the truth. I've been to grief counseling and my S/O went to some, not as much as I went, but it saved my sanity and helped me with our grief.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My DH has suggested it... If our insurance had covered it, we would have gone...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• nope mine wouldnt...but he dont want anyone to know our problems..
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010