Little cyst like bumps on childs neck..in lymphnode...

About a year ago when our daughter was about 8-9 months, we discovered a pea sized lump behind her right ear. We took her in and it turned out to be nothing, just have to watch it for any changes.
Well, yesturday she was turning her head to the right when I vaguley seen some bumps there. I felt her neck and sure enough found 4-5 new bumps under the skin. They feel smaller than the other one, smaller that a normal sized pea. Yes, I'm taking her in to see have the doc check her out.
But I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this and if you might know what it could be?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah my daughter is 2 1/2 and has always had those. They really worried me, and we talked to 3 doctors about them. Two doctors said they were nothing, one couldn't feel them (stupid, she wore gloves, ugh). They say they are lymph nodes, but I still feel for them to make sure they haven't gotten bigger. I'm going to bring it up, again, at the next doc appt.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 2:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, in fact all 3 of my older kiddos have them. In there neck, arms, etc. I can't remember what the Pedi. called them, but they are normal. My Hubby has them too, was checked as a young child and he is fine.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 2:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My 3-year-old has a lymph gland on his neck that has been larger than normal since January. He originally had strep throat, which caused it to get very large. We have seen his pediatrician twice, an ENT once, and had pretty thorough blood tests. Everything looked normal, so we just have to watch it. It hasn't gotten larger and no more have shown up.

It's possible she has some kind of infection that caused them to enlarge, but I don't know.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My son (he is 5) had the same thing a while back and quite honestly I can say if they are still there. I took him to the doctor because I was seriously concerned and it turned out lymphnodes all over the place :) nothing to worry about I guess some kids have them and some don't... I would still check with the Dr to be sure but I'm sure you're lil one is alright
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010