My SO baby mother changed his daughter's last name without his consent Part2

It's been about 4 years snce she got married and she changed his daughter's last name without him even knowing how did she do that? He's even been payin child support and doesn't even get to see her. She is 11 years old already. The last time he saw her was in 2002 and she (the mom) got mad because he didn't want to be with her anymore.....so I gueess thats the reason he doesnt get to see her,

Now that she is older, she probably doesnt even know or remember her real father and I dont want things to stay the way they are because me and him have 3 kids together and I want them to know each other.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• I would continue to advice him, I would not ask her.
    I would love to know how she changed her name without his concent..
    Anonymous

• continued....

I think he definately needs to go to court, I don't know why he hasn't already. I was thinking about calling her. I googled her and the only way to get in contact with her is calling her job, or trying to send a message to her sister on facebook. This has been on my mind and I can't stop thinking about it....

so my question is should I stay out of it? let the courts handle it? and are we going to have to hire a lawyer or will child support help us? should I try to get ahold of her mother without the courts getting involved???
    Anonymous

• Did she change it legally on the child's birth certificate? Or is she just having the child use her new last name?

Your son needs to step up on this, you can't do it for him. If he isn't willing to pursue visitation, you could check with a lawyer or a family court about grandparents rights in your state and see if you can get visitation.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• When my daughter's Bio Dad stopped showing up for visitation, she was adopted as well. even if he continued to pay support, it's considered abandonment. If it was an adoption, your SO shouldn't be paying support. And shame on him! I think he's full of it saying the mom wouldn't let him see her. All he had to do was file for visitation! The girl needed a daddy, looks like BM gave her one.
    qtnik

Answer by qtnik at 5:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008