Should i keep talking to my best friend after what she did?

My friend i had told something very personal to her that i never told anyone else and she told someone else and that happened to be my sister(who i dont talk to we dont get along) and this was personal to her as well. I got yelled at by my other sister who called and told me this had happened and i told my friend in cofidence. So should i just end the friendship and be done or should i remain friends with her even though i just found out she knows this sister??

ginny10

Asked by ginny10 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• If she was much of a friend she wouldn't of said anything.
    Best Friends are suppose to keep secrets- no matter what!
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• it depends how personal it was, It sounds like your really hurt by this! your bestee spilling the beans to your sis that you don't even get along with. Do you think she was concerned about your problem so she decided to tell your sibling???? I dont think you should stop being friends with her unless NO ONE is supposed to know the secret then maybe you want to take some time and really think about if she's really worthy of being a friend at all!
    Anonymous

• That's a tough one. I've learned that most people can't hold water. If she is remorseful, then maybe you can forgive her. The drama will eventually die down with your sisters. We all make mistakes. They've probably confided in others too, it just didn't come out. it's up to you. I probably wouldn't tell her anything else that you don't want repeated though. I have friends like that. I don't love them any less, I just know what not to tell certain people.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i would tell her the friendships done because if its that big and you didnt want her to say something believe me it will happen again.. ive had this prob before to me a friend would have tooken my secrets to the grave if i asked her to ...
    Anonymous

• if i stayed friends with someone that did that i wouldn't trust her anymore with any secrets. can you keep being with someone that did this. i might depending on how much fun they brought into my life but like i said i wouldn't trust them anymore.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I try to avoid stress in my life an if you cant trust her with what you say.Your asking for stress.You would have to watch every thing you said an did around her.Or she may go back an forth causeing trouble I wouldnt be her friend.It sounds like you dont want to give her up.If not,then you are going to have to be on gaurd all the time.
    fearful5

Answer by fearful5 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I had a friend of 20yrs stab me in the back. I had to end the relationship w/ her.. IF you can't trust her then she wasn't your friend to begin with. JMO..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 2:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Have a talk with your friend and at least let her try and redeem herself. I remember once years ago, I was talking about a dear friend to mutual friend. The conversation started out benign - but somehow, the conversation veered off and I ended up bringing up something my other friend had done that I just didn't understand. I got lost in the moment and revealed way too much personal information. Then I found out the mutual friend told my friend all that I'd said and told her what a rotten friend I was. I was mortified and also realized it was so WRONG what I'd done. I'd gossiped about her. I wrote a note to her profoundly apologizing saying I'd understand if she never trusted me again. That I'd truly damaged our friendship. She was touched by my note and forgave me. I've learned a big lesson and never since have gossiped about a friend no matter how tempting that can be sometimes.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008