Who has had side effects from the epidural?

I just want to be realistic. I know the epidural has side effects, but to take the natural road for labor will never work for me. I've done it once, and will never do it again. I just had my second baby, took the epidural, and prayed god bless the inventor of the epidural.lol. I've been having migraines, its only been a week though. Whose had long term reactions though?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The only long term effect I have experienced is lower back pain every now and then.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I've had two epidurals... I will be having a third. The only side effect I encountered with either was a scar and itching on my back... Other than that, nothing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• nothing lasting, but it did hit the nerve to my left leg which left it kind of weak for about a week or so. Also numbed my bladder which was quite a mess when it "woke up" luckily the nurse was super nice about that.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• When I had the epideral my back hurt for over a year before I went back to the doctor and he gave me another injection. After the birth, my back hurt worse than my stitches!
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 2:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I was scared of side effects and didn't want to have an epidural for that reason, but had one anyway because I was in so much pain. The only side effect I had was that my one leg was still numb after the other one returned to normal.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I had lower back pain on and off for about a year. It was VERY obviously the exact area where I had the epi.

One other strange thing happened one day too. My baby was about 7 or 8 months old and my dh was going to give me a back rub. He BARELY wisp his hand over the spot and it sent a shockingly jarring bolt down my back and legs. HURT SO BAD. He barely even touched the spot and I cried out in pain!

That only happened one time.

BUT even with those two things happening it was VERY WELL worth it! Will do it again with my third baby :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I never had any side effects. I LOVED my epidural!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I've had 3 epidurals and never had any effects.

Answer by missanc at 3:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010