Any advice????

After 9 years of smoking, the moment I found out I was pregnant I put them down and havent touched them since. But here I am 17 weeks pregnant and I still want them sooooooo bad! If I get a hint of smoke it just smells amazing, I cant help it. I do NOT want to smoke so Im not asking if its ok, I am just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they did how they dealt with it to ease the cravings.

Casumael

Asked by Casumael at 2:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ask your doctor about using some kind of stop smoking aid like nicotine gum. That might help with the cravings. I'm not sure if you can use them while you are pregnant, but it couldn't hurt to ask.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 2:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You'll get over it and win!!!! U have to be strong!! Just think how smoking has no health benefits for anyone!! How it causes breathing problems,as well as keeps kids down because they get sick very often by it!!! Plus the cost of it. I am proud of u!!! Stay strong!!!! If u need to talk u can message me. Plus it can harm your baby after birth as well as before it is born!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Nicotine is an addictive substance. But you have the urge for the health of your baby and yourself.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things I've ever done. I quit when right before I was pregnant with my son & then selfishly started back up when he was 9 months old. I just quit again b/c I found out I am pregnant again. There's no easy way to curb the cravings, but I will tell you that they will get less & less as time marches on. And the more you feel your baby kicking & moving, the happier you'll be about your decision. My best suggestion is when you want one so badly...just take some deep breaths for about 5 minutes & the craving will probably subside. Chew some gum?? Maybe a peppermint or something in your mouth since a lot of smoking is the habit & the oral fixation. Or maybe even try doing something with your hands. Knitting or learning to play piano or something. I know the first time I quit, I started playing old school Nintendo again to keep my hands busy :) Good luck!!!!! You can do it!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2010