Is it a waste of gas shopping at multiple grocery stores if you save more on your groceries?

I was watching Oprah yesterday and she had a woman on who claims to be able to save more than 50% on her grocery shopping with coupons and getting in store deals. Now I shop at 2 or 3 different stores depending on what I need to buy to lower our grocery bill (without the aid of coupons) but I"m wondering if the gas I'm using is the trade off.

Mommy22boys

Asked by Mommy22boys at 1:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Shopping

• I do this and Including the gas cost I still manage to save between 30 to 50 dollars a grocery day.
    tandvjung

Answer by tandvjung at 1:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would have to figure in the stress of getting in and out of the car. I might do it if the stores were fairly close together and I didn't have children with me.
    idomatter

Answer by idomatter at 2:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I shop at two stores... I guess it's a matter of how you coordinate it. If you manage the time and distances wisely you will still save money. :)
    Desirae1394

Answer by Desirae1394 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I shop at 2 different stores but I don't do it on purpose. We only live about 5 min. from one store, and I stop at the other one whenever I'm out if I'm by it (the other one is by my gym, so I'll stop there after my workout).
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 5:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I plan my trip so I go to the farthest place first and then "hit" the rest of the stores on my way home:
    Mom2jngnc

Answer by Mom2jngnc at 3:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008