How to get toddler to adjust with new baby??

Hell's been broken loose since the baby arrived last week. My 2.5 yr old daughter wants to carry her, always tries to be alone with her, is always saying she looks better than her and that the baby is bad and tries to blame her for bad things she does. Tantrums 24/7, my head's about to pop. My sister in laws been helping me out, taking her off my hands, but every time she's back in the house, its crazy again. She doesnt listen to a word i say anymore and her voice is at soprano level, giving me the craziest postpartum migraines!

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have u tried inviting her into help you do lot of lil things like let give baby B a bath,lets play peek a boo with baby B,my hands are tired can u hold baby B bottle...
    m/b she'll more helpful then useless...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I had 2 kids 17 months apart and I allowed the toddler to play with the baby stuff and her baby dolls, when I fed the baby I had her go get her baby so she could feed hers to, same with diapers I gave her 2 diapers to use and would alternate the diapers for her baby and the new baby got the fresh one. I let her put her baby in the swing too. As long as she was feeling aprt of the action and getting to be her own mommy things went fine
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• let your tot get more involved in taking care of the baby .that way she still gets the attention she needs and baby is looked after too
    babie113

Answer by babie113 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If you find the answer please let me know! I have four children the oldest two were never like this when I brought a new baby home but this last time DS2 will not leave her alone. Its been almost 10 months now. DD2 is to the point she will scream if DS2 gets close to her. I am waiting for the day when DD2 smacks the mess out of DS2. Its gonna be hard not to laugh and say I told you so.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Get him involved! lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010