Cats and baby stuff...GRRRRRRR.

Newest addition is due in a few weeks :)
So, I've started setting everything up to be ready for his arrival. One thing that I did was to set up the pack and play with the top bassinet downstairs for when we are down here. I have 3 kittens.
Love them, don't get me wrong. Sweet,funny,playful..a joy to us all. But the little boogers won't stay out of the Bassinet!!!!
I use a spray bottle of water to spray them and chase them off. One scurries off and runs away in a panic, one simply runs UNDER the bassinet and waits for me to walk away and the other one..actually ENJOYS getting sprayed,LOL.
Its so aggravating! I don't want cat hair all up in there! What can I do?
Probably nothing I can do, is there?
No, I'm not getting rid of the felines...thats not an option, they are pains in the butt..but our cat(the mama) died a few weeks ago and my son is devastated over it and has become too attached to these guys. :( what to do?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put double sided tape in there, they won't want to stick to the tape after a few jumps
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• u know those plastic stair runners that have the bumpy side. Put it in the baby thing pointy side up. Another idea I have heard is to line the bassinet w/ aluminum foil. Cat's aren't supposed to like it

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Cover the area with a towel for the time being. LOL! Love about the kitty who likes being sprayed.

Answer by Bmat at 2:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm going though the same thing except with only one kitten. I've set up the baby stuff and she is already using them as her own personal playground- especially after I go to bed at night. I've also tried the spray bottle and it works at the time, but she back at it later on- thinking I've forgotten all about it!

I'm so afraid that she'll climb in there when the baby is sleeping or accidentally scratch her... I'm not due until January 1st, so I'm hoping I can teach her before the baby gets here but it's so frustrating!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You can also get a net top. Similar to what they use for cribs called a crib tent. I think that they make one for pack n play
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Hmmm..double sided tape..that could be amusing as well as effective! LMBO! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010