post 9/11 airport virgin

Ok so I haven't been to the airport let alone an airplane since 2001. I need to go to the airport and purchase a plane ticket for my hub so he can come visit us. Can I do that? What can I expect when I walk in there? Any advice before I go up there would be great. I hate surprises...

amyisgoingcrazy

Asked by amyisgoingcrazy at 1:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Travel

• why not just buy one online???
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I wouldn't go to the airport, just buy a ticket online.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• guess i didnt think of that.... well its really not that bad. and you will only be going up to one counter and not doing bag checks or anything. I would call ahead before you go in so you know where to go and dont get lost in the confusion. hope this one helps =)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• You might get a better deal going through a travel agency. And the customer service is usually better, too.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure what to tell you, as I've never purchased a ticket at the airport. It shouldn't be that big of a deal since you won't be going through security or anything like that. Just don't park out front by the curb (unless you want a ticket), and don't leave any packages unattended. And NEVER joke about bombs or anything like that in the airport.

You know, just common sense stuff.

But, really...if you get the chance, check out a travel agency. They can often find better prices for you.
    ClownPleco

Answer by ClownPleco at 3:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Check out southwest .com I fly all the time, like every two months, and they have the best rates! Plus southwest is one of the only airlines not charging to check bags.
    efsuermann

Answer by efsuermann at 8:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008