Plus size moms,Where is your favorite place to shop for clothes?

I have been having trouble with my weight for about a year now. Still working with Dr on the reasons. Meanwhile I would love to look nice and pretty in my clothes. Only problem is I cant seem to find anything that looks good on me and my local Walmart/Target etc... I am also short so that doesnt help either. I am 4ft 11 and 175lbs. As far as I know I am a size 16 on the bottom and a who knows on the top. I also need a good place to get fitted for a bra.
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• The Avenue is my favorite. I am 5'9 and wear a size 14 on bottom and my "girls" cause me to wear a 14/16 or 1x in tops. Sometimes at Avenue I find their skirts a little too short for me, so they would probably work great for you. Lane Bryant has great bras, sign up on line and they will send you coupons. If you want a professional fitting JcPenney and Nordstrom have wonderful ladies that work in their lingerie department. I would call ahead to make sure one of their specialist are available to work with you.

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 2:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• That was going to be my answer as well. The Avenue and Lane Bryant.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I am a personal shopper/stylist and for my plus size clients I shop at Torrid, Ashley Stewart,Fashion Bug,Catherines and Old navy women's plus online.Please feel free to contact me for more inforamation. I am a 5'10 180lb female and I love to dress fabulous.There are other stores here in Houston like Marianne etc...
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 4:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Me and my mother love Fashion bug, and they always have a sale going, my mother also has a catalog sent from lane bryant...
    hellsfury

Answer by hellsfury at 6:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I forgot about Fashion bug,, I love them too. They are a little far from me but they have a great website. They also have a misses side and a plus side of the store. Being a 14 sometimes I can shop from both departments.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 9:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I love Torrid. They have such great tops and not mention acessories to go with. If you don't have a Torrid store near you I've heard you can return anything to a Hot Topic counter.

www.torrid.com
    crazypianochick

Answer by crazypianochick at 4:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2008