Since this happened after I graduated, I don't know - do they cover the Bosnian War in schools?

If not, seems they should. For those who don't remember, in 1995, thousands of Christian Serbs set about the mass genocide of Muslim Bosnians (known as Ethnic Cleansing) and tried to exterminate everyone who wasn't like them in what used to be known as Yugoslavia. When they finished slaughtering men, they then turned and raped women left and right. Estimates range from 30k to 50k Muslim women raped, and no idea the exact number of rape babies conceived and born in Bosnia.

I keep reading different statements like the majority of Muslims want us dead, most of them are terrorists, etc etc, and then I think back to this, and the friend of mine who escaped with his family to live in America. He has NOTHING in common with AlQaida. The only people he hates are the Christian Serbs who raped, tortured and killed his family, friends and neighbors. Why is this never mentioned in the whole "evil Muslim" tirades? Inconvenient?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My son who was a Sr. last year studied it in school. But he did not attend a regular public school, he attended a Charter School for academically advanced students.

I have to be honest. When I see people making statements to the tune of violence never being conducted in the name of Christianity. I wonder if the person ever took a world history class.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't know that it is taught about but I do completely feel you on this. There are many such situations in history that fall into similar. . . and you never hear the whole story or what really happened. Only a one sided truth and the "racial" profiling of the whole and not the individuals. *If that makes sense* It is sad really.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 3:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Its a theme repeated again, and again in the history of christianity.

I know that I learned about it as it was happening- though I was homeschooled, and my mum was a stickler for current events.

Sadly, there are kids who have never heard of the holocaust, or believe that it never happened... lost history repeats, as it does when we fail to learn, it all equates to the same.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I went to a Christian boarding high school. I graduated in 1995- I never heard of this in school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• ^^^^^
    this was me... don't know why it's anon.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It lasted for 4 or 5 years, it finally ended in 95, so I don't know that you would've had it at school except as a current event. I'm trying to remember how long it was news - I know it started long before people paid much attention to it.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

•  

I definitely can't see                     CHRIST                    condoning that type behavior.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I was in highschool then and i don't recall talking about it.

I college, yes, but i was a poli sci major. I don't recall talking about it in non-core classes.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I definitely can't see CHRIST condoning that type behavior.

I don't see him condoning being a bigot either, but you never let that stop you.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't think Christ would approve of many things that have been done or continue to be done in this world in his name...............

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2010