Is my 6 month old lazy ?????

my baby wont hold his own bottle at all he knows how he only does it when its time to go to bed .. other then that we have to do it for him...
he also never wants to eat unless its people food and we dont feed him regular foods but he wont eat unless its mashed potatoes or soup.

miss_murder

Asked by miss_murder at 1:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like he just wants the love and attention from you feeding him. Not lazy, just knows what he wants, lol. At six months old, mashed potatoes is fine, as long as you don't add any salt or anything to it. Try mixing baby food vegetables (or your own pureed vegetables) with it. That's the only way my younger son would eat his veggies at first. Soup he should probably wait a while for. Too many spices in it.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• just a typical baby. my son is 10 months old and still doesnt hold his own bottle. babies like that cuddle time when you feed them. there is nothing wrong with that. as far as the food goes, just keep offering him different kinds of food, sooner or later he will start eating it. all you can do is to keep trying.
    mybabychunk

Answer by mybabychunk at 2:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Sounds like he's likes the cuddle time to me. As for the solids he may just be a picky eater. Keep trying but don't force new foods.
    KortanasMommy

Answer by KortanasMommy at 7:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2008