Is it illegal

For a 15&1/2 year old girl to date an 18 year old boy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• in most states yes it is illegal
    Anonymous

• It depends on the state that you live in. Call your local police department for an answer.
    Dewdlemom

Answer by Dewdlemom at 1:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• We live in Pennsylvania
    Anonymous

• in california it is illegal
    Anonymous

• I'm going through this RIGHT NOW! My son is almost 18 and his GF is almost 16. They've been dating for nearly a year. We just sat down with her parents last night. You need to call your local authorities and find out what the laws in your state are because the laws vary in each. I also suggest that there be an open line of communication with the parents. Feel free to PM me if you need to. I'd be happy to help further if I can.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• In Pennsylvania it is legal for them to have sex as long as she is at least 13 and he is not more than 4 years older. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Pennsylvania
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• In California a 15 year old may not date anyone age 18 or older. and a 16 year old may date an 18 year old, but no older.
    Regardless i agree with Happy2beme7, you should contact your local authorities to see what the law specifies in your area.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yes. I was 16 when I started dating my 22 yr. old boyfriend.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 3:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Its illegal for them to have sex, but I was dating my now best friend when I was 15, and he was 19.
    If its a respectful relationship there shouldnt be a problem, and my mother aproved of the man
    Anonymous

• Maybe I'm living under a rock but i've never heard of any state where it was ilegal for a 15 yr old and an 18 yr old to date. Obviously most states have laws regarding underage sex, but dating? Not that I've ever heard of.
    barbar73069

Answer by barbar73069 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008