Do you think double standards still exist in today's society? adult content

List and give reasons you think they do or don't. Vent if you must and bump if you will. I want to see what y'all think!!!

Oktobre

Asked by Oktobre at 3:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutely! Working moms--you should support the home/why would you let someone else raise your kids Teaches--needed to help educate our nations children/blamed for the shortcomings of education in spite of the shortcomings being largely due to fiscal irresponsibility far removed from the classroom Social workers/policemen/firemen--crucial to the support of our communities and the safety of our communities/routinely blamed when bureaucracy fails and limited funding curtail and restrict the positive impact possible military--seen as heroes when in uniform, but summarily forgotten when service is over Constitutionally--individuals claiming adherence to the letter of the document until an issue arises that they don't particularly like, then decrying those issues in spite of the contridiction. It is unfortunate, but double standards abound.

Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes they do. If a woman is a stay at home mom she is expected to cook, clean, deal with kids, ect... but most men who are stay at home dads aren't expected to do the same thing... and sadly most women don't trust men to take care of the home... so really, we are being discriminating towards them.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Of course. There are so many areas in which they exist that I don't even know where to start.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes. For example: It's okay for a guy to be a ho, but it's disgusting if a girl is a ho. When in reality it's disgusting for both.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• They do. Normally its okay for a mother to stay home with their children but when a father decides to do the same he is looked down upon.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, they do and it frustrates me to no end
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Double standards always have existed and always will. "what is good for one is not good for all". . . "What is good for the goose isn't good for the gander" I see this type of double standards all the time and with friends and in their relationships. It pisses me off to see the "abuse" it leaves behind. It might not be physical, mental or even emotional. . . but it is one or more of them. . . and more times than not is it sexual or leads to sexual. . . But that is life, everyone has different values of what is right and what they will allow but when it comes to ones self you view things differently. . . it is sad, but true.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 3:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes there are double standards, and they will exist as long as hypocrites do.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Absolutely. Look at working moms. They work, and I bet they do at least 75% of the work around the house! I stay at home, and do 95%, but I'm not at work all day. I mean, it's still hard, but if I busted my tail all day and then came home and wanted to spend time with my kids, but had to do all the laundry myself because it's woman's work, I'd be pissed. Still, because I"m home, I'm supposed to do 100% of it. Then, the husband has the kids all day while mom does something like, oh, shop for the kids clothing, and he can't be bothered to put a dish in the vicinity of the dishwasher. And yet all the couple's friends are like wow! Awesome dad! He took the kids all day! What?!

My husband isn't like that, thankfully. But there is a double standard.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes.... men can sleep around but if a woman does shes a whore
    I work nights and I'm expected to get up with my son 4 hrs after I get off, then clean and cook.... men are such whimps!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010