Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I still get help?

Do you know if welfare will still help me even though I am currently living with my bf? People have told me to get help but will they in my situation. I want to leave him but really need the help.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • in the state of arizona you are not allowed to have your bf living with you. they think that he should work and provide for you not the state. i always had to keep that secret back in the day so that i could get the help cause he was a loser and never brought in any money. i made more on my own without him doing up all our money on dope. so just lie and get away from him. although you must realize that the help you get won't be enough to support all your needs so move in with relatives and go to school to better your life. get a job and just concentrate on yourself and children if you have any. good luck!

    Answer by melody77 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

  • In Florida, they go by everyone's income that lives in the household.
    Get a job, support yourself and then you won't need to rely on him or the state.

    Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

  • if i were u just tell them you live with a friend or sumthin, you arent married so you should get some kind of help,i get help and i live with my fiance, and 2 kids, it should be based on the income...

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.