Do you get up early to make breakfast?

I'm a sleeper. I love to sleep and sleep in late. It's one of my favorite things to do. My husband use to laugh that the first thing I would say when I woke up is, 'I can't wait to come home and nap'.
However, I've also always wanted to be a mom who sets my alarm and wakes up before everyone to have breakfast ready for them. Have plenty of time in the morning to eat, get dressed and off to school with no rush.
So far, no such luck. I just can't seem to do it. How many of you actually get up before the rest of your family.......intentionally?

CJM_SHM

Asked by CJM_SHM at 3:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I get up at 5:30.... put the water on to boil, make coffee and throw a load in the washer. I do a quick clean of my house, throw the load in the dryer then I wake up my hubby at 6:30, wake up my little one at 7:00 and give him something to eat, wake up my 16 year old at 7:30 and get him moving, shove my husband out the door at 7:45, run my 16 year old to school at 8:20, drop off my little one at K at 8:50 and come home to wake up my 17 year old who doesn't go to school until noon, so that I can drop him off at school after I pick up my little one from K at 11:45. We have one bathroom and all has to go smoothly... I make beds as they get out of them! They way I see it, the only one not really capable of getting breakfast for him self is my 5 year old. If anyone else wants something, they grab it on the way out the door. My morning is busy enough....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• When my kids start school I will wake up and make them breakfast. However, now .. I sleep and I sleep as long as I can.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No, I'm not. When my son wakes up, I get up and make him breakfast. By then, my husband is usually gone for work, lol. However, I'm considering getting up just like you are. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My daughters don't want a cooked breakfast.. they just want cereal, pop tarts or donuts.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Nope, I don't. I do make breakfasts ahead of time and freeze then, so their is always a hot homemade breakfast ready before school, but I like to sleep too, so I get up and go wake the kids for school. Then I heat their breakfast so it is ready when they are.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I may jsump thru the shower first..thenI wake my dd while Im dripping in a towel. I cant get up early I like sleep too! my dd is 8 she either maeks ehr own oatmeal or has cereal for breakfast. She can toast a bagel too lol. I race around every morning but I do prepare at night so it is pleasant racing around!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• my dh gets up first, starts the coffee, and is usually gone before i'm out of the shower. i don't fix breakfast..except something for my ds.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I make breakfast every morning, but I am a SAHM and we homeschool, so we probably don't get up as early as most.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Heck no! Since I work at 630, I'm lucky to get up on time to get there. On the weekends, since it's just DD and I, we get up together and make breakfast together.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It depends on what time I go to bed
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010