Where should cervix be in early pregnancy

I am 11 weeks 2 days pregant and I notice my cervix moves. When I get up in the morning, it is high - I can barely touch it. As the day progresses, it moves down. It also varies in how it feels - sometimes harder and sometimes softer. Any thoughts?

MentorMel

Asked by MentorMel at 3:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• WTF? Why are you up there messing around with it?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Bradenismyson, it is perfectly fine to know your body, I pity you for not being informed and having a relationship and knowledge of yours.

OP: Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a simple answer for all women. The position of the cervix during pregnancy does change but not at the same time in all women.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 3:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well, just so you know, I know about my cervix and why I have it and where it is and how to find it. I also know that during pregnancy there is no reason to check it because you can introduce harmful bacteria into the uterus, not to mention it tells you nothing during pregnancy. So, why on earth at 11 weeks along are you feeling around and checking it?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I guess I'm looking for some reassurance after a missed miscarriage in Feb. I'm paranoid something will happen to this baby.
    MentorMel

Comment by MentorMel (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• it moves its normal :)
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 7:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010