If you SO had a small child when you got together and you were together for a long time then seperated would you still want to be a part of the child's life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Of course! You can't just "turn off" motherly love.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yes i definately would most children when they get older want to know who there real parents are!!!
    Anonymous

• There have been step parents end up with custody of the child.I would want to being as my step childrens mother died in a car wreck when they were very small.I am all the mother they have ever had.It would be hard for me to give them up.I may even stay in the relationship not to loose them.I dont think in all cases you can get visiting rights.
    fearful5

Answer by fearful5 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i would... absoloutly.. i think it has nothign to do with the adult, its the child, and its not their fault.. it's also up to the child. it dependson the age as well...
    SLVN_Jen

Answer by SLVN_Jen at 2:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i think i would but sometimes that is not the case. you may not be able to control what happens. hopefully he would want to continue to have that relationship going. good luck!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My SD is still friends with her dad's ex girlfriend. They got close in the years they were together. If anything ever happened with us I know he'd stay involved with my kids. He is the only dad my two youngest have ever known.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would end up with custody of my SS. I am the only regular parent he has, his dad works alot. SO not his fault but he would come with me like the rest of the kids and see his dad whenever possible.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Absolutely bc it's about the kids!!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yes
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yes i would children have way to ur heart wheather there ur's or not...
    heavensent1174

Answer by heavensent1174 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008