How would you handle a very, very flirty neighbor?

We are very close with our neighborhood. On Saturday nights, we usually all sit outside and have a few drinks together. Over the last couple of weeks, our neighbor, "Trish" has been getting extremely flirty with my husband. It is making us both uncomfortable, however, he refuses to say anything because he doesn't want to start a conflict in our neighborhood. What would you do?

MomIWant

Asked by MomIWant at 3:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• tell her when she is not compromised by saying her flirting is making him uncomfortable this way it's like he has the problem w it and not you so she won't feel like your attacking her for flirting with your husband and if she says i wasn't then you just say thats what i told him but he seems to think so so turn your sexiness off.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Your husband needs to gently put her in her place. How he goes about doing that will depend on her personality and his, but it needs to be done and soon. Every day that it is allowed to continue only gives her the idea that what she is doing is okay. So you and he need to decide together how he is going to handle it, and then he needs to take care of it. I don't think it should start conflict in the neighborhood, but even if it does, that will be better than allowing her to keep claws out for your husband.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Next time you get together you and hubby touch one another..a lot...hold hands, a hand on one anothers thigh, flirt with each other. Totally ignore her attempts to flirt. Your husband and you just make it quite obvious that you are both quite happy and aren't interested. Unless she's just a skank she'll get the clue. If she doesn't..then friendship be damned, tell her straight up she is making you both uncomfortable and you feel disrespected.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i most likely would have made it known when she was flirting that this was not acceptable
    and i most likely would have done so in a sarcastic yet joking way
    the neighbor woman, if she did not 'get it' would have gotten more sarcastic more direct tone from me

next time she is over and acting this way, let her know
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would say VERY loudly... " Sorry Trish, he is MINE. Keep your claws off."
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i would say something to her about it. nip it in the bud QUICK
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 3:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would set her aside and in a very polite way tell her he is off limits and to keep her paws off! that it is very disrespectful to be flirting with someone else's husband.

Answer by older at 3:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• just talk to her as an adult tell her it make u both uncomfortable and if she can just go back to being a good neighbor. if she doesnt get it then its her loss
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• She shouldn't let it go, it's making him uncomfortable, too.
    Does she flirt with other husbands? Does her's seem to notice? Your husband should tell her to back off. I'm surprised he hasn't. Don't worry about it causing conflict in the neighborhood by putting an end to this woman hitting on your husband. I doubt it will. But you guys do need to put an end to it quickly, she already thinks it's ok.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If you trust your Husband then just let it go and let the guy be flattered. I would not socialize with them at all though. If it gets wierd then tell her "I just don't have any idea how to get rid of these pubic crabs we both have!!" LOL! That should keep her walkin!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010