Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

she found a glue stick...and ate it.

It was one of those acid free glue sticks...my 2yr old ate like half of it! will she be ok?

Answer Question
 
armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 21 (11,516 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I would call poison control to be on the safe side. She will probably be fine, but poison control will tell you what to watch for and what to do, if anything.
    SleepingBeautee

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Yes, LOL. Kids eat the darnedest  things.

    louise2

    Answer by louise2 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • I would call the pediatrician, just in case.
    ganna04

    Answer by ganna04 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • did you call poisin hotline???
    1-800-222-1222
    fiatpax

    Answer by fiatpax at 3:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • More than likely. I think every kid at some point has eaten paste. Doesn't hurt to call the ped and check though.
    But_Mommie

    Answer by But_Mommie at 3:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • she'll be fine. give her some juice so she doesn't get constipated from it.
    DarkFaery131

    Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • thanks. i called and they said she's fine. phew! i think i've eaten paste before as a kid, but half a glue stick was the part i was worried about lol.
    armywife43

    Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Yes, she'll be fine. They are non toxic. Worse that *could* happen is that she gets an upset stomach, or loose stool.

    You'll have many, many, many more concerning things to deal with that she's either eaten or you suspect her of having eaten. It'll be OK.
    ObbyDobbie

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • she should be ok most clue sticks are non toxic because of this very thing ..but a call to poison control is a good idea
    babie113

    Answer by babie113 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN