Do any other moms-to-be seem to start suffering with depression while pregnant?

This is my third pregnancy and I seem to be more down now than when I'm not pregnant. I know that our raging hormones contribute to this. Any other pregnant moms out there that get depressed while pregnant, but seem to come out of it after giving birth?
What are some non-medicated ways to feel a bit better?

Rachel696

Asked by Rachel696 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I felt depressed very early on my pregnancy, it got better by it's end, but significantly worse right after my daughter was born...
    ganna04

Answer by ganna04 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well I'm still pregnant, so I can't say how to get out of it, but I've certainly felt more down being pregnant. As far as the day to day I decided that I just need to start doing the things that I stopped doing when I got down slowly. Since I was pretty sick at first I stopped cooking and cleaning and getting groceries etc. But I've forced myself to do one thing at a time. First I forced myself to make dinner then I forced myself to make weekly grocery lists, and I'm confident soon I'll be cleaning lol. I think it's just about taking baby steps when you realize that you're changing.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I think depression during pregnancy is normal, you're stressed, exhausted and have so many hormones flowing through you. Also if your SO isn't as helpful or supportive or if he gets just as stressed and exhausted as you (which mine does, I always tease that he has a sympathy pregnancy) it can cause your depression to be worse. Sometimes I just take some time out and go for a walk, exercise, talk to a friend, take a bath or just have a good long cry. It gets better, maybe not as soon as baby arrives but definitely as time goes by. Just think happy thoughts. :) Good luck!
    MrsMadsen4Ever

Answer by MrsMadsen4Ever at 4:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I start feeling depressed when I'm uncomfortable/can't sleep/ in pain... yeah, pretty much how my 3rd trimester is going so far...
    I'm doing what I can to prevent the emotional stuff... get out, get some exercise, some sunshine, hang out with some friends... it helps
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:39 PM on Aug. 25, 2010