how do you keep your self ....

awake, able to play, keep up? I have things i have to get done around the house, I try to let him help me the best i can. But i get pooped out. How do mothers out there keep going?

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 3:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• caffeine!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My daughter is a very independent child. So generally she has no problem exploring on her own. Our house is three story though, so I just work room by room as I have to when she is awake, and then really do the hardcore things during her naps.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I am a zombie - I wake up at 5 before he gets up to shower get ready , go to work all day, come up and play and dinner and do all the housework I can til I pass out - then some nights he still wakes up so I am up with him and caffine has no effect on me.. i feel tired all the time
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• for me it's daily multivitams, b-12, and coffee!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• LOL @ butterflyblue!!

When my kids were little I didnt do nearly as good a job keeping house as i do now. But I did make a game out of many of the housekeeping chores. The child thought I was playing but actually we were cleaning.... worked great!
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Playdates to burn all of DD's energy then nap with her when I get too burt out
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I try and keep them super busy in the mornings. Out to the park, playdates, shopping , swimming that kind of thing. Then I usually find they just want to nap or rest and watch some Cartoons or look at books in the afternoon, and I can usually get a few things done. I also made myself a rule that I have to do one extra job after they go to bed. By that I mean something that I wouldnt do in the course of a normal day so like unloading the dishwasher wouldnt count. But cleaning out the fridge would. I find i feel so much more organized and it really only adds up to an extra 30 min of work most days.
    kricketandisla

Answer by kricketandisla at 5:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i let him play by himself from time to time and i also will put him in bed when i desperately need a nap ..that way he can play in bed and hes safe and i get some sleep
    babie113

Answer by babie113 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I work, so I do all my housework after my daughter goes to bed. But on the weekends, a good rule for me is to nap when she naps.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I just keep my house in order so its by no means clean but it is clean enough. I focus a lot of my time on the kids so when they nap if I want to nap I can. Some might see it as lazy but I just don't feel like my house needs to be spotless which is impossable with 4 kids lol
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010