How old is best to..

let your 2.5 year old try to put beads on a string.. if you are right there with him. But you are also making something to?

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 3:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as your with him, I see no problem in teaching him now. She keep a very good eye on him so he doesn't sneak any in his mouth.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would not if you are making something too. You have to be completely focused on the toddler because it only takes a second to put a bead in his mouth
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would definately do it. I guess it depends on how big the beads are too - like are they going to swallow it or choke on it? If your 2.5yr old can understand you and youve told them not to put them in thier mouth then definatly. My DD and I are just starting to do some crafts, she knows by now not to put that kind of stuff in her mouth.
    kricketandisla

Answer by kricketandisla at 5:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would as long as they can't choke. If they do swallow one it isn't the end of the world but they need to know they shouldn't.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• As long as you are with them...it is great for hand-eye cordination.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010