so totally gross... adult content

i do the laundry, I have sort of learned just by doing it . lol anyway after i clean the towels , i put new ones up in the bathroom, after one use of them ,the towel smells like its coverd in mold. or it hasn't been washed in several days, and after i wash the towels i smell just to make sure its not me what is wrong? could my bathroom not have enough air to move around? Its small.. not much for a fan...

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 4:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Maybe youre leaving the clothes sit in the washer too long before drying them?
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Leaving a wet towel in a small area can cause that smell best to keep door open or hang it somewhere else...
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Are you washing them in hot water?
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Do you hang them flat and not bunched up?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Do you smell your clothes before you transfer them from the washer to the dryer? How long do the clothes sit in the washer before being transferred?

I always use Clorox 2 with every single load. It really helps lighten up any smells. But when I forget to move a load quickly into the dryer that specific load smells for the next several washes unless I add Clorox 2. I never go more than 24 hours without doing a load of laundry so I don't believe it's enough time for it to mildew, but I re-wash it regardless.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My guess would be the no air flow in the room and humid weather. Mold is everywhere! This is why all our towels are one use only.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i try to take them out of the washer as soon as its done. i hang them up..
    Mrs.Ro

Comment by Mrs.Ro (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i use cold. its cheaper
    Mrs.Ro

Comment by Mrs.Ro (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yeah they're prob not able to dry out well... it was like that for us when we lived in Monterey... its pretty damp there and we didn't have A/C and no window in the bathroom so I had to wash our towels a lot more often
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Have you tried to use fabic softer in the washer and the dryer.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010