mopping..

My son loves to do things on his own ( like cleaning) vacuuming, mopping. Well i just bought a new mop and i haven't used it yet because he wants to mop, Do i tell him he can mop 1st then i mop ? or how do i get a win win out of this? I want to mop the kitchen and the laundry room!( if your curious and if it matters)

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 4:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When it came to cleaning when my boys were that age I would tell them that I would do it, then they could go behind me and clean the spots I missed. Worked for nearly everything, including bathtime.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Ask him if he can do the "fun" part. Give him a sponge and let him get spots before you get to them! It might work!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• When it comes to unloading the dishwasher or something, I let my son help me as I'm doing it. But when it comes to sweeping or mopping, then I do it first & let him do it after me. That way its not like he can make anything messier :) And he feels like he's helping. Win-win!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I just tell them its my job and he can do his job. Which is picking up toys, making their beds(yeah I let my 2 year old make their beds :) I have 4 children so somethings I can't let them help me with.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I use to just give mine a dry wash cloth and have them come along behind me and wipe off where mom just was by saying oh mommy missed a spot can you get it for me. They love doing this even now.
    momof5monsters

Answer by momof5monsters at 12:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I do it first, then tell her she can get the spots I missed.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:09 AM on Sep. 3, 2010