What are your thoughts on this?

What are your feelings towards when your boyfriend/husband/SO talks to an ex? What are your feelings when they talk to an ex that you both know is trying to get them back?

Me? I typically don't mind my SO talking to an ex unless the ex is trying to get them back. I still talk to my ex's (well some of them) and if they start acting like they want me back, I just stop talking to them. Even if I were single, I would do the same thing. We are ex's for a reason, right?

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 4:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldnt like it
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My husband talks to his ex and it doesn't bother me. She is married, too, so it is just friendly conversations.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• We do not talk to ex's. We have no reason to. If he is, it would be behind my back, and if I found out, it would be by accident, and I'd be pissed because it would mean he was hiding it. Neither of us has kids with anyone else. I was married before him, but that schmuck isn't worth my time, and I have no desire to talk with him. So, there you go, I guess. To us, it's inappropriate. But that's just us.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I hate it when he has to talk to her because he always gets so upset... she is so rude... but thankfully all of the loose ends are tied up now so we don't have to communicate with her ever again (thank God they didn't have children together... it would be a nightmare!)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i dont talk to any of my ex neither does my bf they are exs for a reason no need to look back
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Not a worry for me. My husband simply does not talk to any of his ex's.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My DH has kids with his ex, so they have to talk. I don't mind, its necessary. She tried to get him back for the longest time, I think she may be over that now. Truly, she was an ex for a reason.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Both DH and I don't have much contact with our ex's besides facebook. Occasionally we may run into each other but that is it. Neither one of us have a problem with the contact or more if we chose to. We both completely trust each other. One of his ex's still have feelings for him and had tried to get back with him while we were together and I still have no problem if he chose to have contact with her. I know that he is not going anywhere. He feels that exact same way about two of my ex's who still have fellings for me.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 4:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• my husband has several ex's he talk with and has them as friends on facebook. i don't mind one bit. what i don't like is that he doesn't like me to have ex boy friends as my friends and when i bring it up he doesn't have a leg to stand on. in the end i don't really want to be friends with my ex'es i just don't him telling me that i can't when he does. i like his ex'es and were friends. i totally trust my husband.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• he doesn't and i don't... it's not a problem.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010