Relationship question adult content

Okay I know that I want to ask this guy out. He is everything to me I can't see my self without him. What do I do? Should I wait for him to ask me or do I take the reins and ask him myself?If not how should I tell him I like him? Tell me you story's of how you meet your mate and how did you know if your mate was it for you?

bridynme

Asked by bridynme at 4:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Depends on a lot of things. If he just sees you as a friend, you could possibly screw up your friendship by asking him out. You could tell him that you really like him, and see what he says to that. My DH and I met on a blind date.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 4:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Just ask him if he'd like to get dinner Saturday night. Be bold,not wishy washy.
    My DH and I were set up on a semi-blind date.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• he came up and introduced himself to me at the continental breakfast area at a hotel where we were both staying (we were both in the army at the time... I got out when we got married)... I went out to coffee with him and then left that same week. We kept in touch by email for a couple of months before we saw each other again. By then I knew that he was someone I could be with... we dated long distance for almost 2 years before we got married :)
    I have to be honest... I love the fact that he made the first move
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No he likes me too there is no doubt about that.
    bridynme

Comment by bridynme (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My husband pursued me. When I met him, I was actually a little afraid of him, but on our first date, I knew he was "the One", and we've been together ever since. Our 22nd wedding anniversary was on Friday, and we celebrated at the spot we met, we actually got married right between the picnic tables where we met.

As for whether you should pursue him or not, that's a question only you can answer. If he's kind of shy, you might help him out, but if he's not shy, and is more the aggressor, I think I'd let him do it....but it's okay to give him some encouragement!!

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would ask him out. What the worst he could say?..."No". Theres your answer. At least you wouldn't have regrets later in life for not asking him.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I am an old fashioned woman, and I believe that you should wait until the man comes looking for you. That's what happened in my case, and it has now lasted almost 46 years. I think that if you want to be a married woman, you should wait for a man who comes looking for a wife and not just some easy sexual relationship. If you have the courage to make that clear up front, you will eliminate 99% of the men who are not looking for a lifetime mate. So while I'm probably going to be in the minority, I think you should wait and wait and then wait some more. There are ways to let a man know you are interested without asking him out. I wish you the very best and hope if this is the man for you, that you are the woman for him. That's a match and that will last! I promise!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• well first off I am very old school I believe that the guy always asks out a girl but in todays world it is alot different

my dh and I met online and after talking for months almost 1yr we decided to meet and then a yr later he asked me to married him, we have been happily married for 2 yrs now
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well if you want to know for sure then go up and ask him if he would like to go to XXX (a movie, out for coffee....whatever). Good luck and I hope things work out!!
    As for hubs and I, we met thru a mutual friend-- My best friend's Aunt worked with hubs and she gave him my phone #. We met a few days later... and have been together ever since.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• How can you "not see yourself with out him". And have never dated him. You must have a crush on him.
    Me and my DH me at a club. less Then 4 month later we got married. Been married for 21 years now.

Answer by louise2 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010