I have recently been told that I will either be laid off soon or cut back to part time. Do any SAHM out there have any money making ideas for me???

CorinnaA.

Asked by CorinnaA. at 2:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• I listened to a little segment on the radio yesterday that said if there are going to be layoffs at your job, the best thing to do is go to you boss and tell them how dedicated you are to your job and let them know your willing to work hand and pull extra weight if need be. I know that's not your question, but thought it would be good advice for any facing layoffs. Good luck!

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• There are a lot of groups on here that offer ideas to SAHM to become WAHM. I sell Avon at www.youravon.com/billieorr. It is only $10 to start and you can sell direct or online. I also do cashcrate http://cashcrate.com/646279. Neither will get you rich, but they can help supplement income. A work from business will require an investment, but a work at home job will not ask for any money. If they do, the job is a scam.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• What are you looking to do? I am  SAHM and  have a few home businesses that make money for me. Everyone is different, but I love helping people and if you want to check out my sites:

http://www.spread-the-faith.com

http://www.4yourfam.com

http://www.emf.jerkydirect.com

If you think a opportunity is something you would think about, there are lots out there so find one that will fit with your lifestyle, someone who will guide/help you, and I would stay away from ones with high start up or want you to stock anything. (JMO)

Blessings!!

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 2:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I am a WAHM... I have a home business that I make great money at. I wake up every day happy to have this opportunity. And I'm very happy to share it! my website is www.DailyPayFromHome.com there is a fee because it's a franchise business but it's low. Just $25 to get started and $50 a month... But you'll make more than that if you are willing to work it! Much more! I do!! My kids are 14 months and 28 months and I work around them and their schedules... Check it out and feel free to contact me with your questions!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I also had a WAH job when I first got started... I worked it about 2 hours a day 6 days a week and made about $300/mo. Not much but when I was just getting started with my business I wanted to make sure I still had a steady income. I worked with ChaCha. Now that I have a great steady income with my business I don't need the job.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Hi
    I have 3 small children and researched long and hard for a work at home job. I really wanted to contribute to my family and keep my kids with me during the day. So I did lots of research and I found a great career! I recently have come across a home-based business opportunity with no large investment, no inventory and no risk. It is an Inc. 500 manufacturing company. I work from home with a company that manufactures products that we're already buying elsewhere, but they are better, safer & healthier. We just help set up customer accounts and the company pays us to do so. It has benefited our family so much! I never have to leave my house to be successful! If you would like some more information, please feel free to ask me about how I made it happen for my family! I would love to share the information about our company!

http://www.workathomeunited.com/BeAtHome
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 2:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I was in a situation where I had to make some extra income for a few months to pay off a debt. I couldn’t invest any money to start any of the work at home sites. So I had to search out the free ones. I found some really good ones, and some really bad ones. Now I paid off (almost) the debt but I’m going to keep going with it because I think it can be a really good way to start saving some money. Last month alone, I made over $1600. So, if you’re looking, it’s free, you have nothing to lose, you should go to http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Consider a home based business, and if you want to make money right away, you need to be in one that is in the 2 largest emerging industries...wellness and network marketing. With this economy, no one is spending their money on makeup, tupperware or candles...people these days are into their health and want to earn extra income and fast. The business I am in has been in biz for 3.5 years and has been featured in SUCCESS FROM HOME magazine 3 times in the ENTIRE issues...this is the first co. to rich its first billion dollars in just 3 years...first in the history of the US. it took microsoft 7 years. This is still a ground floor opportunity as less than 1% of the US has heard of it.. a great opportunity is one when not too many people know about it. I would love to share what i do from home around my kids schedules and make really GREAT money. I hope to hear from you soon.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• a home business is the way to go. money at first is small but u have to look at yrs down the road where you will be and this goes for ANY business. Check out my profile to see what I offer
    angeleyes31376

Answer by angeleyes31376 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• If you choose to do a home based opportunity, choose something that you can be proud promoting. I chose two all natural beverages, one is for wellness, the other for natural energy. Both are amazing products and companies, 1 builds slow and steady, and the other lightening fast. Each has a very low start-up cost , and we offer amazing business building support. Compensation plans are simple and amazing.... Let's all be happy, healthy, and prosperous together!

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 6:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2008